• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tadaima, Okaeri (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Tadaima, Okaeri (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 4 volumes, by Ichi Ichikawa)

Demographic: Josei

Animation Studio: Studio Deen

Genres: slice of life

Themes: childcare, LGBTQ, yaoi

Plot Summary: Masaki Fujiyoshi is a stay-at-home husband who has no self-confidence. His husband Hiromu is an elite salaryman, and they have a two-year-old son, Hikari. Together, they overcome life's joy and sadness, and become more of a "family" everyday.

Air Date & Platform:
April 8, 2024 (Monday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:09 am Reply with quote
I was pretty cool that this is a just a cute anime with gay parents, and then I did practically a spit take when alphas and omegas were brought up. So, this isn't just a cute LGBT positive anime, this is a part of the Omegaverse, which has a number of separate baggage attached to it.

I am not the most knowledgeable on Omegaverse stuff, but I know that it wolf related with things like pheromones, and generally very sexually charged with how genitals and who can get who pregnant. My impression is that hardest it can be the sort reputation that furriers can get, minus necessarily animal stuff, and maybe some problematic of consent. I guess making a super cute slice of life parenting anime in one is a bit of a choice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1