• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Migi & Dali (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12

I guess they forgot they've picked that same lock several times. But I swear, there's just no predicting much about what this show will throw at us. Laughing The last thing I would've guessed was Bucky Beaver gnawing through the door or Micchan saving the day.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:32 am Reply with quote
I think Karen Ichijo is my favourite character. I love her matter of fact observation that they were all going to burn to death. Her taste in men is a bit questionable, however, assuming her feelings for Bucky Beaver are sincere. I wonder what she meant when she told him she would do "something nice" for him if he jumped? Give him a slice of cherry pie, perhaps?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

Now that was a sweet ending. A little surprised it didn't happen straight away, but maybe the coolest that it was their adoptive parents that realised that there was two of them, and realised what their different personalities were. Even Dali's favourite food. And the very end with an in memory of Sano Mimi. Also love that Micchan apparently is sticking around as a ghost, which is just totally in line with the rest of the show.

I think my favourite part of this show, is that despite all of its weirdness, the characters that are strange especially for a Japanese setting, it kind of feels like it has heart in it. It sets itself up in this really weird uncanny character, the characters are just lovable at the end. I stick by saying that the adoptive mother, Yōko, was my favourite character.

All the same, I wouldn't say that it always clicked with me, so I wouldn't say it was great for me as it probably is for others. My rating will be Good (7/10) worth seeing.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:09 pm Reply with quote
It was a cheerfully creepy adventure. At times I had difficulty knowing what the show was going for. There were awkward chuckles, some genuine scary moments and plenty of just wtf are they doing. In fact, almost all of the characters in the show are a bit out there one way or another.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I liked this show, and I'm glad they make offbeat anime. I didn't rush to finish it because the same weird creepiness that interested me also kept me at a little bit of an emotional distance. But the tone of ending piece makes more sense now.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I finished watching this anime yesterday, and I loved it! It was quite surreal, a bit like Twin Peaks.
spoiler[(I kept wondering until the end if the twins were actually twins or just two faces of the same person. I think it would have worked either way, and I wonder if there is a symbolic/allegoric layer over the base plot... Surely, it's a psychological show.)]

I'm so sad the manga author passed away. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Aw, I hadn't heard that - that is sad. 36 is way too young.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3