• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hiiro no Kakera (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
I'm not going to go back and watch this thing again to figure it out, but I could have sworn that the spoiler[grandmother told him that he had strong blood from his line and that it would get stronger. I don't recall her saying that it was some kind of evil. I guess she wanted him to figure out that all important detail on his own?] Seems kinda pointless. All of them are spoiler[supposed to get stronger] but it was not even mentioned a single time that he was going to go spoiler[ all demon] or whatever. Then again, I'm not surprised about it. In every show, it seems like someone lied or convinced someone to do something under false pretenses and that becomes part of a major plot twist or reveal. Unfortunately, for this show, the characters are too stupid to even realize that the reveal has happened and they aren't particularly bothered by any of it... Even when people give them the answer to their problems, they just storm about like nothing even happened. It's like they are acting completely independently of any plot or continuity among the other characters who are actually trying to resolve these plot points.

I agree with you on the other point too. So lame. And there's not even that much angst either. It's just a bunch of teenagers playing research team with minimal results. With all these hot guys, it should be WAY more interesting than it is... I mean, Fruits Basket was better than this. I'm not knocking FB by any means. I'm just saying that FB did what this show can't even manage and without all the action. FB was actually interesting, well paced, and didn't slap you across the face with the same mundane dialogue.

I guess I'm only watching this show just to see how it ends and for the beautiful animation. Not really good reasons to watch a show.

I bet it's going to be one of those endings where spoiler[ love and friendship can conquer anything. The grandmother would have known her grandchild would have been strong enough to tame/calm/subdue/purge the demon so she just let things develop as they have.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
I'm simply watching to the end to finally witness the inevitable bukkake party between the Tamati Princess and her utterly sexless Guardians.

There will be bukkake, right?
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

There will be bukkake, right?

Shocked
I wouldn't get your hopes up... unless it's guy x guy... because they've been much more chummy with each other than with the chicks... just sayin'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Was that the yakisoba he was upchucking there? Smile

I think I see where this is heading: spoiler[everybody is working together to make her become the Tahini Princess, but nobody told the boys. You know, fool your allies to fool your...princess or something. Every time there's a new princess, the only way to knock the takoyaki into her is to break all the seals and beat up her protectors, so the angst will wake her up, and she can renew the seals properly.

Drei is secretly working against this plan with the government guy, whose faction wants the cycle to end, because they hate the Toyotomi Princess's power over them. We're supposed to think Broody Rapey Guy was was talking about Magenta Kid betraying her, but he was referring to how she's going to feel when she finally awakens and becomes the Toshihikoseki Princess and everybody from Baba to Loligoth jumps out from the bushes and yells, "Surprise!" Then she will mow them all down in a fit of rage and settle in with the boys as the new Tomokazusugita Princess and the cycle will begin anew.

Nah, she won't, because she was warned to be prepared, so she'll only pout about it before forgiving everyone, and then they'll all have a good laugh over it.]

That's my theory.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Man you guys going on and on about this. It is like watching a roomful of sophomores in a room banging their heads with hammers because they think it will feel so good when it stops.

It made me finally catch up to the current episode. WTF it is just as bad as everyone says! What a cast of the clueless and the useless. More loose ends than anyone can count.

And grandma gets my vote as the singularly most unhelpful old biddy of the year.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12.

More of the same, I guess. Pointless, one-sided fighting where the bad guys for some reason decline once again to finish off the good guys in spite of all prior statements of intent to the contrary. The mysterious sniffy guy still sniffs. Tamaki completely useless as usual. Even she herself is sick of it.

But I didn't check in to bitch about that. I wanted to see if anyone here recognizes an established trope that goes like this:

A super secret organization -- not the government it is older and more powerful than that -- is charged with protecting the world. Because of quirks of natural and supernatural laws, the THING protecting the fate of the whole world can only be controlled by a scion of one family that person happens to be a pre-adult still in school at the time of crisis. In full appreciation of the gravity and scope of the disaster that is approaching, the powerful secret organization prepares by doing everything in its power to ensure that this one person who can save the world is as unprepared as it is possible for them to be.

Shinji of NGE, anyone? Any others? Is this an established trope because it looks like it is becoming one.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
In full appreciation of the gravity and scope of the disaster that is approaching, the powerful secret organization prepares by doing everything in its power to ensure that this one person who can save the world is as unprepared as it is possible for them to be.

Very Happy I feel like I have seen that trope somewhere other than NGE, but can't pull up a name at the moment. It may just be the "kid tossed into a crisis because of some fluke of talent and being in the wrong place" trope, which is pretty common, but without the everybody knows they're preordained part, that makes it seem so familiar?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
It is like watching a roomful of sophomores in a room banging their heads with hammers because they think it will feel so good when it stops.

Whadaya know - it does feel good!

And there was bukkake in the finale, sort of, if you count tears. Anime smile + sweatdrop

spoiler[So where was the betrayal she was supposed to be prepared for? And can we have our artifacts back now? What happens to the sword - was that the demon that's supposed to be sealed up...and is now probably hanging on the wall in her bedroom as a souvenir or something?] Wow, this was bad.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13.

So many loose ends and plot holes. I don't know where to begin so I think I won't.

Some commenter on CR writes:

Quote:
There's 26 episodes so not the end. Anime News Network has the information.

If so I couldn't find it. If there is supposed to be another 13 episodes that could explain the inconclusiveness of it all, but I wonder if I will care enough to watch it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-24/hiiro-no-kakera-anime-2nd-season-to-air-in-october

I'll be watching. I have absolutely zero idea why, but I'll be watching.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 has started!

Episode 1

spoiler[Life goes on for Tamaki and her guys.
Some flashbacks from the previous season..
Well, it was practically all about the flashbacks.
This episode was just a recap.]

Wonder what's gonna be happening this season..
spoiler[Probably something involving Aria Monado & her fighters.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Episode 3 and nobody has bothered to comment.

Believe it or not this story is showing the faintest spark of a life. Not just one spoiler[betrayal,] but two. The boys seem staggeringly impotent against Logos.

And the government seems pretty insouciant about the world ending. They send one smarmy bureaucrat to keep an eye on things and that's it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
The boys seem staggeringly impotent against Logos.

Haven't they always been? Confused
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Haven't they always been? Confused

Probably the most tiresome aspect of this story is time and time again it refuses to explain just how they managed to survive this long. There must have been at least four instances so far where they have been defeated utterly AFTER being warned that they would not be allowed to lived if they fought AND STILL the logos loli decides at the last minute to restrain her cohorts and just walk away.

And they did it again this episode. Tspoiler[he little invisibility trick wasn't worth squat, the incipient battle was clearly one sided in the extreme, and she lets them go again.] At this point I am watching just to see if they ever break this pattern but I don't think the writers have any idea of what they are doing.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

spoiler[Tamaki just worries too much about her guardians..
The appearance of the drowned gods was kinda surprising.
Takuma struggling with his inner demon.
He is having serious trouble suppressing it.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6